So some of you may know that this blog is fairly new. Although I've been contemplating doing one for a while I didn't register the domain name for this blog until a couple of weeks ago. The blog appeared to be working well especially from my home pc. But when I got into work I found an interesting block had been placed on my site! Obviously I was scared that my new server had gotten hacked in some form and someone had been using my server for bad things. But before I overreacted and went to wipe my site. I went to this site() which looks up various domain black lists/brown lists and found that I was blacklisted!
My domain was new. Some services track newly available domains and provide a list. The company I worked for blocks them on our "secure" network. The reasoning is that new domains may be something setup recently to get around a particular block. Luckily our normal "corporate" network only blocks the standard black list. For most networks this won't be a big deal. But if you find yourself on a network with Network admins who are super serious about protecting their network you may need this.
Moral of the story is that if you're setting up a new website. Let it sit for a couple of days before going live with data you want everyone to be able to see.